The 2023 NFL Draft left HBCU supporters around the nation distraught. After an explosive NFL season that culminated in a high scoring and closely contested Celebration Bowl, only one HBCU Player was taken off of the draft board. Isaiah Bolden, Jackson State Defensive Back, was taken with the 245th pick in the 7th round by the New England Patriots. Notable HBCU Prospects, such as Isaiah Land, Xavier Smith and Mark Evans II were notable snubs as HBCU supporters struggled to come to terms with the lack of black college representation in the draft.
However, the talented HBCU prospects in the 2023 draft class weren’t out the game for long. Several NFL teams signed prospects as Undrafted Free Agents, still giving the young men the opportunity to play at the highest level. Below is a list of the HBCU players signed to Undrafted Free Agents Deals. This list will be updated as more HBCU Prospects are signed.
- Aubrey Miller, Miami Dolphins (Jackson State)
- Isaiah Land, Dallas Cowboys (FAMU)
- Darius Hagans, Indianapolis Colts (Virginia State)
- De’Jahn “Nugget” Warren, Chicago Bears (Jackson State)
- Andrew Farmer, Los Angeles Chargers (Lane College)
- Mark Evans II, New Orleans Saints (University Of Arkansas At Pine Bluff)
- Shaq Davis, New Orleans Saints (South Carolina State)
- Claudin Cherelu, New York Jets (Alcorn State)
- Camron Peterson, Baltimore Ravens (Southern University)
- Dallas Daniels, Denver Broncos (Jackson State)
- Joshua Pryor, Washington Commanders (Bowie)
- Jadakis Bonds, San Francisco 49ers (Hampton)
- Keenan Isaac, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Alabama State)
- Emmanuel Wilson, Denver Broncos (Fort Valley State)
- Rickey Lee, Carolina Panthers (North Carolina A&T)
- Xavier Smith, Los Angeles Rams (FAMU)
- Dion Golatt, Baltimore Ravens (Bowie)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.